Visiting Arniston Estate
Opening times 2015
May and June
Tuesday and Wednesday with tours leaving at 2.00pm and 3.30pm.
July to 13th September
Tuesday. Wednesday and Sunday with tours leaving at 2.00pm and 3.30pm.
- Adults – £6.00
- Concessions (60yrs+) – £5.00
- Child – £3.00
- Under5 yrs – Free
- Entry is by guided tour only
- There is no need to book.
- Tours take around 1 1/2 hrs.
- The grounds are open from 12.00pm to 5.00pm on open days.
- We do not have a Tea Room at Arniston but we would recommend visiting the Café at the Mining Museum two miles north of Arniston off the A7 or the Melville Inn 5 miles north on the A7.
We accept private pre booked groups throughout the year out with our normal open times. Please contact us for details. We accept private groups from 10 to 50 people and can also offer a set tea and home baking.
Parking is at the front of the house. Light gravel makes an outside circuit of the house accessible for most wheel chairs.
There are three steps leading to front porch where there is a wheelchair ramp. Most of the tour is on the ground floor beginning in the Hall. There are nine steps from the Porch to the Hall. We have a “TO8” stair climber which will transport most wheel chair users to the Hall from the porch in their own chairs. We regret that the stair climber will not transport electric wheelchairs. We have one wheel chair for use of visitors.
Two rooms on the tour are on the third floor. Unfortunately there is no wheel chair access to these rooms.
A large print version of the guide book is available for use on a tour.
All tours are guided. Please discuss any requirements you may have with the guide or member of staff. If you require further information please contact us.